Saturday, December 15, 2012

Skinny Stuffed Shrimp!

This was a fun recipe to start with! I needed something to bring to a Christmas Pot Luck party so into the "Lab", as my dear friend Mary Ann would say, I go! I looked into the fridge and freezer to see what I had on hand that was low cal.  The first thing I saw was "Shrimp"....no more will it be drenched in butter...so....hmmmm.... Stuffed! I was on my way! Here is the recipe I concoted! I hope you enjoy! Make a meal of these...1 portion is 6 Shrimp! So add a nice salad to your plate and enjoy a guilt free dinner! BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE WHOLE PORTION EQUALS....GET READY......152 CALORIES!


SKINNY STUFFED SHRIMP

1 16 oz bag of raw Shrimp (16/25) Count*  
3/4 C Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp. Garlic Salt (I used McCormicks California Style with Parsley)
1 Egg White
3 Button Mushrooms, finely chopped (Use any mushroom you like!)
2 T. Fresh finely chopped Parsley
3 T. Parmigiana Cheese
1/2 tsp. salt (may omit)    
1 tsp. melted butter  
Butter Flavored Vegetable Spray

Spray the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan with butter flavored vegetable spray. If your Shrimp needs to be cleaned, pinch the tail off and peel off the shell. Make a slice down the back of the Shrimp (clean any veins if necessary) do not cut all the way through! Use approximately 1 teaspoon or so of stuffing mixture to fill the shrimp, packing it tightly. Place the Shrimp in the pan and continue stuffing. Upon completion, spray the tops of the Shrimp with  butter flavored vegetable spray and place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 min. Watch closely. Do not over cook the Shrimp! 

* (This number refers to the amount of shrimp per pound the higher the number the bigger the shrimp!)

No comments:

Post a Comment